Thursday, January 14, 2010

Instantaneous!


New year, new gear. A little late to make it's debut on here, but the Boyfriend got me a dope Christmas present that ya'll will appreciate: a refurbished Polaroid camera! Just when the world had started to lose hope in instant photography and right as Poladroid-ing was actually starting to become a verb in my vocabulary – he comes and assures me that all is not lost by gifting me with my very own old-school, legit Spectra 1200 FF. But what good is the camera, without the appropriate film, right? We all witnessed the near-extinction of its production entirely, but thankfully now it's just limited, but expensive, which as we all know come hand in hand. Basic economics. I have a total of 50 shots and have thus far only used three. Obviously, I'm being very picky with who/what gets one: "Hey, take one of my huge red zit!" Gross, Lil Bro. Expect to see more exclusive and meaningful shots from my new toy in the near future.

3 COMMENTS:

T. Linh said...

When I was little I also "used" (actually played) with Polaroidcameras, miss it! :(

Kj said...

sick!

Elise said...

Unreal! Where did you get the film? I have been dying to get a Polaroid 600 Impact camera but I'm holding back cause the film is so expensive. Did you order it online?

Post a Comment